Neuropsychological Assessment, Consultation and Guidance Service for Children, Adolescents, and Families
Confidentiality and Privacy | Insurance and Reimbursement | Hours and Cancellation Policy
Photos are dramatized for illustration purposes and do not depict actual clients.
Insurance and Reimbursement
I believe in providing high-quality services to children and families. Being an out-of-network provider allows me the flexibility to individualize services for each client, without the constraints imposed by insurance companies. Some of the services I provide are considered best practice, yet are not typically reimbursed by insurance:
- 60-minute therapy sessions, allowing for check-in with parents at the end of each session
- 90-minute intake session, which leads to a thorough understanding of the presenting problem and, therefore, more effective services
- 90-minute feedback sessions, allowing me to go over the results of the evaluation, recommendations, and answer parents' questions
- phone consultations with teachers, daycare providers, and other professionals involved in the child's life
- support to parents via phone or e-mail in between sessions, on an as-needed basis
- observations in naturalistic settings (schools, daycares, preschools)
- attending IEP meetings
I believe that all children and families should have access to high quality mental health services. To this end, I reserve a limited amount of slots for clients for whom paying the full price would constitute a financial hardship.
Out-of-network and medical reimbursement accounts
Your policy may have out-of-network benefits which will allow you to get partially reimbursed for the payment. Please check with your insurance company regarding your out-of-network benefits. Let them know that you will be seeing a licensed clinical psychologist.
You can use a pre-tax health reimbursement account (HRA, also known as a “flexible spending account”) to pay for my fee. You may create/adjust these accounts annually or whenever your (or your partner's) employment or family situation changes. We can estimate the number of sessions that you would need. Such accounts are offered by employers; check with your benefits officer for details.