Neuropsychological Assessment, Consultation and Guidance Service for Children, Adolescents, and Families
Neuropsychological Evaluations | Therapy | Parent Guidance | Consultation
Photos are dramatized for illustration purposes and do not depict actual clients.
Some children experience difficulty fitting into the classroom environment. This difficulty could be due to a variety of factors, ranging from developmental delays to sensory integration and mental health issues to a difference in personality. Educators often want to integrate the child into classroom activities as much as possible, but sometimes need additional guidance and support in order to do so effectively.
My training and experience allow me to provide guidance and support that will help the child be more successful in the classroom.
As part of a consultation, I may do the following:
- meet with the family to discuss their concerns
- meet with the teachers to discuss their concerns
- conduct observations of the child in the classroom
- suggest classroom integration strategies to teachers
- suggest strategies to parents on how to facilitate their child's successful adjustment to school
- provide referrals to appropriate services for the child and family, if necessary
- follow up with parents and teachers to ensure the strategies were successful
I also offer workshops for teachers and parents on a variety of topics related to child development. Examples of presentation topics include:
- The autism controversy: diagnosis and potential for misdiagnosis
- Addressing educational and social-emotional needs of gifted children
- Recognizing and managing anxiety in young children
- Thinking before acting: helping children develop impulse control
- Having difficult conversations with families